Fort Erie played a significant role in the War of 1812 and in later years, became a popular summer vacation spot. The Town of Fort Erie extends along Lake Erie to include the communities of Ridgeway and Crystal Beach, and travels here reveal the distinct personality of each community.
The Best of Fort Erie
- The beautiful, sandy beaches and clean water of Lake Erie at Crystal Beach, or the quieter choices of Crescent Beach, Thunder Bay Beach and Waverly Beach.
- A tour at Old Fort Erie, a restoration of all that was destroyed during the bloodiest battle in Canadian history and an accurate representation of the buildings and fortifications that once existed.
- Charming main street Ridgeway with its boutique movie theatre and galleries.
- The Fort Erie Historical Museum, which both preserves and presents local history.
- The many antique shops in the area, including Hidden Treasures, Mia’s Antiques in Crystal Beach and Antiques on the Ridge and Green Barn Antiques on Highway #3.
For more information on visiting Fort Erie...